Shop and Ship to Madagascar, worst shipping time: 146 days !!
A little feedback on Shop and Ship and Aramex in Madagascar, I had a shipping that took 146 days. Almost 5 months, I think it’s an absolute record.
This is just an update from the article I wrote on Shop and Ship, Aramex’s shipping service. In this review, I had a first shipping that took 38 days, from the United States to Madagascar. And I said I still had several deliveries going. The other arrived and it took 146 days to reach me. 5 months to deliver a package, I think that’s an absolute record.
I have 3 more packages still on the way, I think we will crush this record.
- 1st package from the United States to Madagascar – Received by Aramex offices on December 30, 2020, Delivered at my home on March 26, 2021
- Delivery time: 86 days (almost 3 months)
- 2nd package from the United States to Madagascar – Received by Aramex offices on February 9, 2021, delivered to my home on April 23, 2021
- Delivery time: 73 days
- 3rd package from the United States to Madagascar – Received by Aramex offices on February 10, 2021, delivered to my home on April 23, 2021
- Delivery time: 72 days
- 4rd package from the United States to Madagascar – Received by Aramex offices en Mars 10, 2021, delivered to my home on August 3, 2021
- Delivery time : 146 days (almost 5 months)
I would put the other packages above as we go, because we might have a lot of fun. How to explain such a mess, because on this point, Aramex and Shop and Ship is one of the slowest service in the world in terms of time. Firstly, Madagascar and the Indian Ocean are not the target market for this service as I said in my first article.
He mainly focuses on the Middle East, but still, 5 months is rubbish. In addition, as I said for my first package, it is especially in Mauritius that things get stuck. It seems that the Mauritians have a really particular conception of “work”, because guys, they sometimes take 2 months or more to process the package. That is to say that from the United States to South Africa, it takes between 2 and 3 weeks, then it goes to Mauritius and it stays stuck there for almost 2 months.
Because you can see it in the tracking, the package left Dubai on Mars 15th and arrived in Mauritius on Mars 18th. And he remained in Mauritius from Mars 18, 2021 until July 22, 2021, or 126 days. You might think that they sent by boat to Madagascar, for lack of flights, but I also order on AliExpress and even they send me by boat, it takes a maximum of 45 days!
When he arrives in Madagascar (less than 7 days to pass customs and home shipping), it goes quite quickly, but it is really in Mauritius that they are lazy bones who never give a damn.